Don Bain's 360° Panoramas
This site is being rebuilt from the ground up.
I have been working steadily on finding all my images and organizing them into regions. At the same time I am working on interface features. Hopefully I will at some point acquire a script that will convey the textual data from my spreadsheets into the authoring software. For fun I am writing regional introductions, and photo captions.
The next regions to be added may be these, listed in geographic order, but not necessarily completed in that order.
- Victoria and the Coast and Islands of British Columbia (46 localities)
- Many beautiful places, including scenic ferry rides.
- The Oregon Coast (49 localities)
- I may be traveling there soon.
- Redwood National and State Parks (28 localities)
- A medium size region, and one of my favorite places.
- Lassen Volcanic National Park and the Modoc Plateau (24 localities)
- Perhaps including areas recently burned.
- The Central Coast of California (109 localities)
- A huge collection of images — Santa Cruz, Monterey, Carmel, Big Sur, Morro Bay, Pismo Beach, Jalama.
- Western Colorado
- Anasazi ruins, dinosaur bones, petroglyphs and high plateaus. (19 localities)
- New Orleans and Southern Louisiana
- Plantations and swamps, plus one of my most complete city tours. I shot New Orleans using a monopod.
- Savannah and Southern Georgia
- America's most beautiful small city plus the Okefenokee Swamp. (19 localities)
- Oahu, Hawaii
- A handful of panoramas shot on film in 1997 -- these have not been available on-line in 20 years. When the pandemic finally fades away I hope to return to Oahu and make a whole new series of panoramas.
- Baja California Desierto Central, Mexico (11 localities)
- A fairly comprehensive coverage of the the coasts and deserts of central Baja.
- French Polynesia
- A small number of panoramas of Mo'orea and Raiatea, shot on film, some with a disposable cardboard camera. Early days, this trip was in 1996.